Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Baron Frank Baron is offline

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 19:01:48 -0600, Vic Smith advised:

Nothing wrong with doing you own tires if you want to.

Thanks for the encouragement.

This is alt.home.repair so it's not alt.ladies.cardgames.

I presume you guys do things.

Changing a tire can't be difficult for most of you guys.

Anyway, with all your great advice, I was able to redesign the
tire-changing machine and get the job done.

I wrote up the steps I used over here so that others can start where I left
off (20/20 hindsight being what it is, I would have done things differently
so I want others to benefit from my experience):
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!or...o/Xn6hZL2-CAAJ

One minor remaining question is what tool do you guys use to remove and
replace the crimp-on weights?
http://i.cubeupload.com/0D6Lnt.jpg