Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 22:00:39 +0000 (UTC), Frank Baron
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 15:56:13 -0500, advised:

By the time you are done you will have spent as much as having all
your tires professionally changed for the rest of your life (unless
you are a teenager with a heavy foot) and you STILL won't be able to
change yourtires ----

What math do you use on your planet?

1. Pop your zip code into the Tire Rack Recommended Installer engine:
http://www.tirerack.com/installer/In...?affiliate=HJ7
2. Call up the first five in the list
3. Tell us what you averaged

I just priced out getting tires mounted and balanced and it's never less
than $18 per tire where I live and as much as $38.50 at the first five of
the tire rack recommended installers for my zip code.]

At $20 per tire (which is a reasonable estimate and which was my initial
assessment) it would take two years to get my money back on $200 worth of
tools.

That's assuming a new set of tires every two years for two cars, and one
flat each for each car (which is pretty much what I average).

My math is pretty simple, and it checks out, so, what math are you using
that says the payback on $200 worth of tools is the rest of my life?

Am I only going to live two more years?

Nothing wrong with doing you own tires if you want to.