Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Toyota mechanics ? OT

wrote:
On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 13:44:22 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 12/11/16 1:32 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Anybody out there with experience woking on Toyotas ? I'm trying
to get the starter out of my wife's 99 4Runner 4X4 . Got it
unbolted and off the motor , but can't figure out how to get it out
. Tried twisting , turning , rotating , flipping , and there just
isn't any way that I can see without either dropping the front
drive axle or possibly dropping the steering rack - it looks like
it MIGHT come out if I pull the oil line that's on top of the rack
, but not sure if that will give me enough clearance . I pulled
off for now because I was frustrated enough to start breaking
things ...

This help??

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=starter+toyota+4runner+1999

Definitely easier than pulling the half shaft - That looks like the
simplest way.

Definitely less work ! I may not have to pull the wheel , looks at first
glance like I can get to the bolts on the brake line by just turning the
wheels full left .
--
Snag