Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Toyota mechanics ? OT

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 13:44:22 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 12/11/16 1:32 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Anybody out there with experience woking on Toyotas ? I'm trying to get
the starter out of my wife's 99 4Runner 4X4 . Got it unbolted and off the
motor , but can't figure out how to get it out . Tried twisting , turning ,
rotating , flipping , and there just isn't any way that I can see without
either dropping the front drive axle or possibly dropping the steering
rack - it looks like it MIGHT come out if I pull the oil line that's on top
of the rack , but not sure if that will give me enough clearance .
I pulled off for now because I was frustrated enough to start breaking
things ...

This help??

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=starter+toyota+4runner+1999

Definitely easier than pulling the half shaft - That looks like the
simplest way.