Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Toyota mechanics ? OT

Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 12/11/16 1:32 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Anybody out there with experience woking on Toyotas ? I'm trying
to get the starter out of my wife's 99 4Runner 4X4 . Got it unbolted
and off the motor , but can't figure out how to get it out . Tried
twisting , turning , rotating , flipping , and there just isn't any
way that I can see without either dropping the front drive axle or
possibly dropping the steering rack - it looks like it MIGHT come
out if I pull the oil line that's on top of the rack , but not sure
if that will give me enough clearance . I pulled off for now
because I was frustrated enough to start breaking things ...

This help??

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...a+4runner+1999

Yes , it did thank you very much . I was so ****ed and frustrared I didn't
even think about checking the web ... the Chilton manual just says "slide
forward to remove" . I was trying to beat the rain (I didn't) , looks like
it'll br tomorrow before I get back on it . I'll have to figure out how to
get the tire off since I have it on ramps for underside clearance .
Hopefully my floor jack will go high enough .
--
Snag