Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Woodpeckers isn't alone.

On 12/10/2016 12:13 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/9/2016 4:59 PM, notbob wrote:

Others are excellent at selling drooling fools "insanely overpriced
plastic junk". Case in point:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware...p=74055&cat=53

I've bought a few things from Lee Valley. I'll most likely buy a few
more things. But, I'm no chump and will not pay $10 fer something I
can probably make out of a wad of chewing gum.

nb

Wait a few weeks and you may find them at the Dollar store.

A few years ago I bought a few jar openers. Liked them so much I bought
some to give to friends. Went back for more and the price jumped up too
high
http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...=2,40733,40734
I'd gladly pay about $4 for it, but $9.95 is too much for a piece of
bent metal.

I learned long ago the easiest way to open jars like this is to run hot
water over the lid for a few seconds. Seems to work 100% of the time.

--
Jack
I finally got my head together, and now my body is falling apart.