Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Shovel Recommendations

On 2016-12-11, Stormin' Norman wrote:

The company has been replacing the shovels we have broken. I am
simply looking for a better shovel, one that will take greater
punishment. In the past, it seemed we could punish the shovels with
hickory handles far more than we can punish these. It is possible the
older shovels were made with old growth hickory.

As for fiberglass, we have shattered at least one fiberglass handle,
it didn't seem to take as much punishment as the wood handles.

Do you have experience with a specific brand of fiberglass handle
shovel that you feel was superior to other shovels you have used?

I don't know if these are what you are looking for:

http://www.leevalley.com/us/garden/p...?cat=2&p=64944

I would also spend some time on Youtube researching shovels. I bet
Wranglestar (a homesteader with $$$$) would be of some help.

nb