Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Shovel Recommendations

On 12/11/2016 10:21 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

Why not replace the handles? Some stores carry them but you may have
to do some digging or have them special ordered. We used to have a
handle factory the next town over and they can fit anything for you. I
used to break my splitting maul most every year.

You may even find a fiberglass handle that will outlast 10 wooden
ones.

As for fiberglass, we have shattered at least one fiberglass handle,
it didn't seem to take as much punishment as the wood handles.

Do you have experience with a specific brand of fiberglass handle
shovel that you feel was superior to other shovels you have used?

Don't see a name and the handle on my maul is over 20 years now. After
much abuse it keeps on going. Same handle is used on axes on fire trucks.