Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Shovel Recommendations

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 13:31:43 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

So far, the strongest shovel I have been able to find is made by
Corona Tools, the blade is great, very tough and it can be
re-sharpened easily.

Unfortunately, we have broken the Ash handles on a couple of the
shovels while removing roots from Cape Honeysuckle (the herpes of the
botanical kingdom). Yes, we are using long, tempered steel digging
bars too, but a good shovel should be able to withstand a certain
amount of prying

Why not replace the handles? Some stores carry them but you may have
to do some digging or have them special ordered. We used to have a
handle factory the next town over and they can fit anything for you. I
used to break my splitting maul most every year.

You may even find a fiberglass handle that will outlast 10 wooden
ones.