Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Shovel Recommendations

On 12/11/2016 7:31 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

Unfortunately, we have broken the Ash handles on a couple of the
shovels while removing roots from Cape Honeysuckle (the herpes of the
botanical kingdom). Yes, we are using long, tempered steel digging
bars too, but a good shovel should be able to withstand a certain
amount of prying

If anyone has discovered a shovel they consider to be superior or
nearly indestructible, I would appreciate the recommendation.

No shovel is going to take that kind of abuse albeit I do think quality
of wooden handle stock is significantly less than what it once was...

For the purpose you're using it for, I'd suggest replacing the handle of
one of the ones you've broken with metal bar/pipe.