Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Topical problem

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Xmas tree trunk is too big to fit my stand. Ways of reducing the
diameter, please. Tree is too big to clamp in my vice so will have to
be done outside freehand, as it were. Not really used to working with
raw timber, and don't possess an axe. Just the usual workshop wood
working tools.

Have you got a draw knife?

If not a plane set on an aggressive cut.

Ended up using a sharp chisel and mallet, and the multi-tool to saw
through knots. Easy enough. I'm sure anyone used to working with 'green'
wood wouldn't have had a problem. I'm not. Don't even have any trees in
this small garden.

--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.