Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
graham[_5_] graham[_5_] is offline

Default pinnacle c1

On 12/10/2016 9:39 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Electric Comet wrote in news2hh4k$r72$3
@dont-email.me:

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 13:59:36 -0700
graham wrote:

Yep! The reply should have been attached to the Oliver.

agreed an oliver like that is not for the typical turner

but for someone with the room it could easily be put to good use doing
large stuff and would keep on going for a long time

ergonomics seems like a oxymoron regarding a lathe but i have seen
sit down lathes

function first it seems with a lathe

and if spending so much time at a lathe then maybe cnc is the right
solution before making it ergonomic

No, not at all. Ergonomics is the reason lathes are put on stands.
They've figured out a good working height for most people, but if you're
shorter or taller you may need to adjust your lathe height.

Puckdropper

I've been thinking of getting a new lathe but most of the oriental cast
iron stands are too short for me and need booster blocks. I would need 2
sets for a Laguna and at least one for the Powermatic. I suppose if I
won some lottery money, I could get a Robust made to suit me.
My current lathe is a General 160 (no longer made). I bought the cast
iron top and I built a base to suit my height (6'4").