Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
John Harmon John Harmon is offline

Default Advice requested from those of you who have successfully checked camber at home

John Harmon actually said:

However, if you have ever attempted to check your camber at home using a
smart phone angle measuring tool, your insight, hints, and advice would be
greatly appreciated (and would be generally useful to many people).

Maybe the SCIENCE guys can help in interpreting these specs?
http://www.st.com/en/mems-and-sensors/l3gd20h.html

One thing I've found out that is new is that the angle measurement on many
mobile devices (e.g., iPads and iPhones) is the off-the-shelf ST
Microelectronics L3G4200D (apparently rebranded the STMicroelectronics AGD1
2022 FP6AQ for Apple products).
http://forums.appleinsider.com/discu...to-future-ipad

Do you know if Android devices also have that same gyro?
If so, that MEMS chip will be the ticket to us figuring out the angle
accuracy.

On the ST web site, they list the "resolution" as "lower than 0.01 dps/yHz
for zero-rate level", which I'm not sure how to translate into degrees of
accuracy.
http://www.st.com/en/mems-and-sensor...oductId=SC1288

Another spec they use for the L3GD20H MEMS gyro is:
plus or minus 2000/ plus or minus 245 full scale typ (degrees/s)

Do you SCIENCE guys know how to interpret those specs so that we can get an
idea of the resolution of the chip in terms of degrees of accuracy?

Do the Android guys know if that chip is also in Android devices?