Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A blond had a sick dog. (Might be a joke, or maybe not)

On 11/15/16 3:38 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
My response was not an attempt to denigrate the joke. The fact is (as
I mentioned earlier) that I have heard this joke many times in the
past and, in fact, based on the fact that I grew up in NYC I find it
quite humorous as well as ingenious. If you ever tried to park in
NYC, you know what I am talking about.

My only issue was that fact that this telling was attributed to a
blonde, which not only doesn't make sense because blonde jokes are
supposed to *make fun* of blondes, not highlight their intelligence,
but also because there is no need to attribute the story to *any*
particular group (other than the rich perhaps) because it adds
nothing to the joke.

The original joke in this thread refers to a blonde and fits the
genre of "dumb blonde jokes". The story of the loan, while both funny
and ingenious, does not need the blond reference to make it funny.

The blond part is what made the joke because the bank execs
relied on the stereotype. It wouldn't be funny if genius stereotype
did it.