Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Woodpeckers isn't alone.

On 12/10/2016 8:53 AM, notbob wrote:
On 2016-12-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Wait a few weeks and you may find them at the Dollar store.

Prolly there, now, but fer a mere $3.

I bought one of Lee Valley's BPA-free 16oz mugs. Almost $14 w/ cap.
When I first dragged my new drinking vessel to a local BYOB gathering,
I was shocked to see at least 3-4 others drinking outta 22oz-36oz mugs
that looked exactly like my Tervis drinking vessel (exact same cap).
When I asked each person how much they paid for these
obiously-larger-than-mine vessels, no one answered any price over $5.
Boy, was I PO'd. Maybe they weren't BPA-free. ????

When I later got home, I discovered I had already bought a BPA-free
16oz mug fer me late mum. Marketed under the name Alladin, it was
made to look like a Mason jar, was double insultated (like a Tervis),
had a screw-on cap, and a built-in --yet removable-- straw. $10 at
Walmart. (sigh)

I'll learn.

nb

If you strive to pay the least for something you may never buy anything.
You can always get something for less than you paid.