Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Topical problem

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
On 10-Dec-16 10:50 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Xmas tree trunk is too big to fit my stand. Ways of reducing the
diameter, please. Tree is too big to clamp in my vice so will have to
be done outside freehand, as it were. Not really used to working with
raw timber, and don't possess an axe. Just the usual workshop wood
working tools.

I would have thought that the trunk being too large to fit into the
stand might suggest that the tree is larger than the stand is designed
to support safely.

It's the same height as I normally get. It just seems to bulge out at the
bottom of the trunk more than I've ever seen. Goes to almost twice the
diameter in a short distance. But don't want to reduce the height.

Did a tree run yesterday and collected three all the same size. I've a
feeling this one isn't the one I selected myself ;-)

--
*Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.