montana

Default Newbie at This Stuff

In article ,
John W. Wells wrote:

As long as you're girlifying YOUR bathroom and not mine, go right
ahead, kiddo! :-)

No, the "girlifying" part comes from calling the plastic box of bits
"Malibu Barbie's dream drill accessory kit". I did put some nail polish
on my chainsaw because it was too blah looking...

snip

Lots of good advice! Atta Grrl, Montana! [But where was "handier"
hubby when that plumber was trying to (ahem) 'take advantage' of
you?!]

He sat right next to me and listened to what the guy said. He didn't
want that guy to work in our house and didn't like the scare tactics. DH
has a good amount of bad plumbing experiences behind him and is not
interested in any plumbing projects. That's fine with me; he has many
skills that I don't have (yet). I have replaced all the guts of a
toilet, replumbed the kitchen sink & installed a new disposer and now
there's the new faucet (and I had to replace the shut-off valves, too...)

DH went on at length about how much the plumber bothered him, gave me
heaps of praise, made some bragging calls to his friends & made Eggplant
Parmesana for dinner.

Between this newsgroup & HGTV, I have had a great education!