Dave

Default Electrical problem in basement

"L. Green" wrote in message gy.com...

Dave, This is my first home, we moved in about 10 months ago and when this
occurred I found out the hard way that a couple of the labels inside do not
match what is controlled. The previous owner just installed a new breaker
box before my wife and I had the house inspected.

Spud, the one outlet that does work is a GFCI unit. I did press the reset
button when all this occurred.

Ok, did you find a circuit breaker that does nothing? Have you ever
done electrical work before? Do you understand basic house wiring? Do
you want to fix this yourself? Are you cautious enough to do
electrical work safely? Even if you know nothing there are books on
the subject at any library or hardware store. You should not need any
equipment beyond a 110/220V indicator (a neon bulb with two insulated
probes) and standard tools.

You either have-

-a loose connection.
-damaged wire