Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aluminum frame screen repair

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 14:48:15 -0500, Meanie wrote:

On 12/9/2016 12:57 PM, KenK wrote:
This is the type with a grove around the frame to hold plastic screen. I
bought a small roll of screen and one of the rollers to install it.

Before I attack it, and hints or warnings?

TIA

It's not difficult.
Lay the frame flat.
Cut the screen to the outer edge of the frame.
Lay it over the frame and ensure it's taunt, but as others have said, do
not pull or over stretch.
Start at one corner with the spline and work your way around.
Use a sharp razor to cut the excess screen at the outer edge of the spline.
Install frame.

That sounds right and we go a lot of screen here.