Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carbon Monoxide

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 14:18:49 -0600, philo wrote:

Had to go back on-line for this even though I was going to be signing
off for a few days

A friend of mine is doing repair work at a house.

The guy who owns the house is giving him free room and board in exchange
for labor.

The owner had warmed his car up inside of the built-in garage.

Even though the overhead door was open, the fumes filtered into the
bedroom above where my friend was staying.

He furiously told the owner not to do that.

The next day the owner did it again while my buddy was sleeping and for
some reason miraculously woke up just in time to call 911. They told him
in a few more minutes he would have been dead.

I told the guy to call the police and report it as attempted negligent
homicide then get the hell out at once.

I am worried that it may take him a few days to find some other place to
move.

Since I posted recently that a friend of a friend died this year from CO

I am wondering if CO alarms should be mandatory....or does a standard
smoke alarm also warn the occupants of CO

They ARE mandatory in Ontario Canada, and they should be everywhere.
A standard smoke detector does not detect CO - but there ARE
combination detectors available.