Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Carbon Monoxide

In article , says...

Had to go back on-line for this even though I was going to be signing
off for a few days

A friend of mine is doing repair work at a house.

The guy who owns the house is giving him free room and board in exchange
for labor.

The owner had warmed his car up inside of the built-in garage.

Even though the overhead door was open, the fumes filtered into the
bedroom above where my friend was staying.

He furiously told the owner not to do that.

I am wondering if CO alarms should be mandatory....or does a standard
smoke alarm also warn the occupants of CO

Unless it is stated as a dual purpose alarm, the standard smoke alarm
will not detect CO. As the smoke alarm is uusually mounted high and the
CO is mostly low, they peobalby will not go off soon enough.