Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Aluminum frame screen repair

On Fri, 09 Dec 2016 18:11:49 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On 9 Dec 2016 17:57:50 GMT, KenK wrote:

This is the type with a grove around the frame to hold plastic screen. I
bought a small roll of screen and one of the rollers to install it.

Before I attack it, and hints or warnings?

TIA

Use new rubber spline, usually the old crap doesn't have the required
pliability. I prefer the metal screen myself. Also, watch a couple
of YouTube videos on the process.

...and get the correct sized spline. You want the screen straight, not
to taught. Over stretching the screen might tend to distort the frame
-- at least it does so easily on window frames. Take a piece of the
old spline with you to the hardware store so you get the right size.