Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
John Harmon John Harmon is offline

Default Advice requested from those of you who have successfully checked camber at home

actually said:

You can educate youself on what an alignment consists of, and
understand what is involved, without doing it yourself. I think your
problem is you have a fear of mechanics - an ingrained mistrust -
combined with a very tight grip on your money (although how that goes
along with driving a wiener wagon, I cannot for the life of me figure
out)

I appreciate your advice.
Here are the diagrams I made for toe based on your pragmatic advice.

1. This shows why toe is specified as an angle to the centerline:
http://i.cubeupload.com/rtvi9L.gif

2. This shows why an *angle* is better than a distance specification:
http://i.cubeupload.com/BzNqBY.gif

3. This shows that Total Toe is a distance while toe is an angle:
http://i.cubeupload.com/kYxrgm.gif

If that is correct, the only problem I have understanding in the spec is
why the total toe is specified in angles when it should be the difference
in the distance between the front and rear tracks to the centerline:
http://i.cubeupload.com/RubZhV.gif
http://i.cubeupload.com/cfaDWp.jpg