Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
John Harmon John Harmon is offline

Default Advice requested from those of you who have successfully checked camber at home

AMuzi actually said:

Sort of mixed units.

But angles are the units that the manufacturer provides for toe while I'm
almost certainly going to measure toe with a distance measurement.

The manufacturer specifies the "total toe" as 0 degrees 14 minutes plus or
minus 10 minutes:
http://i.cubeupload.com/RubZhV.gif

The manufacturer specifies a "total toe" required accuracy of plus or minus
2 minutes in a measuring range of plus or minus two degrees with a total
measuring range of plus or minus 18 degrees.
http://i.cubeupload.com/cfaDWp.jpg

So this confusion is all my fault.

Clearly I'm confused because the way I think of toe is linear, but the
manufacturer specifies toe in angles, so I should not have brought up toe
in the first place.

Camber is simpler because the manufacturer specifies angles and the
measurement is in angles.

So we should stick with camber for this thread (because it's a simpler
problem).