Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
John Harmon John Harmon is offline

Default Advice requested from those of you who have successfully checked camber at home

amdx actually said:

You have a misunderstanding, to figure millimeter or inches,
you need to have two lines that are connected like a below,

l****/
l /
l /
l /
l/
The angle between l and /, we will call 1/60 of a degree,
the **** is the millimeters or inches, BUT, the quantity of millimeters
or inches depends on the length of l, as you can see the longer l the
larger **** will be. But the angle stays the same.

Nice graphic!

To your point, I completely agree that I'm utterly confused when it comes
to "toe" angles.

It was my mistake to ever bring in the concept of "toe" to this discussion
because, while measuring toe with a tape measure at home is relatively easy
(once the mechanical overhang problem is solved), *converting* the damn
manufacturer's spec from angles to inches is the *confusion* I have.

Here is the toe spec for a similar vehicle to mine:
http://i.cubeupload.com/RubZhV.gif

Notice that the "total toe" spec is 0 degrees 14 minutes plus or minus 10
minutes.

Also notice that the measurement accuracy for "total wheel toe" is also
given in similar units of a measuring accuracy of plus or minus two minutes
in a measuring range of plus or minus two degrees within a measuring range
of plus or minus 18 degrees.
http://i.cubeupload.com/cfaDWp.jpg

I admit I'm confused.
My dilemma is understanding how to *measure* to that spec.