Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Flickering power switch

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 18:32:25 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

On Thursday, 8 December 2016 16:13:08 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Davey wrote:
On Thu, 08 Dec 2016 14:30:29 +0000 (GMT)
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
.com, Nick
m wrote:

Hi everyone, my wall socket power switch to my boiler is
flickering red and there is no power to my boiler. Has the
fuse blown or is it the socket that needs replacing

Neon indicators often flicker for no reason. If you can't check
a fuse yourself, get a qualified sparks in.

He didn't mention any neon, maybe the whole thing is flickering
red?

In which case...

Ah. Then definitely get a sparks in. ;-)

Sounds likes he's already got sparks in.

It's most likely a harmlessly flickering red neon indicator, which
shows the fuse has not blown, the problem is elsewhere. We can't
possibly know where from so little information.

NT

Well, it does come from homeowners hub.

--
Davey.