Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default What size nut goes onto a typical US passenger tire Schrader valve?

In article ,
says...

small amounts are all that is needed (a few ounces).

As said above - you will NEVER come out ahead by buying the stuff and
keeping it on hand for one or two punctures a year - or one every year
or two.

No patch within an inch of the edge of the tread, or in the sidewall.

Yup. Too much flexing going on there.

And too close to the edge of the belt.

I find it mildly ammusing that 2 falacies pervade usenet.
The first is that it's always cheaper to buy on-line
and
The second is that it's always cheaper to do it yourself.

The last tires I bought were form a place that repairs them and rotates
them for 'free'. My wife did something and bent a rim. I brought them
a rim and they replaced the tire and ballanced it for free.

I think I have had one flat in about 12 years not counting that bent
rim.