Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Default What size nut goes onto a typical US passenger tire Schrader valve?

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 06:43:57 -0000 (UTC), Leon Schneider
wrote:

wrote on Thu, 08 Dec 2016 00:23:31 -0500:

We have been our own worst enemy, because we systematically shop by
price. The auto parts stores, just like Walmart, carry what YOU as the
consumer wants - low price. (Which usually translates to low quality
on non-perishables)

Yup. We agree. I've seen people buy EE friction grade (cold/hot) brake pads
for more money than FF or GG pads cost. They don't know what they're doing,
and the auto part store guy doesn't know any more either.

Pretty much, I go to the auto parts store for stuff that I need now, and
that's pretty much all I get there.

Certainly I never buy any replacement parts there (e.g., never an
alternator or a radiator) but I might get belts there if I need them now.

In my experience I can usually buy my Ford parts cheaper (or at least
the same price for the same quality) at the dealers.