Posted to alt.home.repair
Naturous Naturous is offline

Default Costco Sams rant

Moe DeLoughan formulated the question :
On 12/3/2016 9:16 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 3:55:54 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Why don't they have an express line at the food counter for people who
actually bought something from the store. I was standing there with
$850 worth of stuff in my cart and there were 30 people in the food
line, most who just walked straight in off the street, for a cheap
lunch. I just left hungry.

How about an express checkout line for that matter? For people who
only have 6 things?

Our local Costco used to have a self-service checkout for people with the
Costco/Amex credit card. It was the fastest way to get your stuff and get the
hell out of the store. They got rid of it, I suppose because since every Visa
card is now accepted, just about everybody could/would use it.

The store/parking lot is almost always mobbed, so I can't see most people
making the effort to get in there only to grab a $1.50 hot dog and soft drink
or other cheap deal. Not worth the aggro.

Didn't ever have that here, never got to miss it. I did get my stuff
checked and put in my ride though. I think that is more valuable that
having to scan all your stuff and bag it and put in your truck, don't
you think?