Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
John Harmon John Harmon is offline

Default Advice requested from those of you who have successfully checked camber at home

Phil Kangas actually said:

I just don't know how to convert minutes to inches.

You can't. Minutes of angle are a function of a
triangle.
Inches are simply a scalar measurement of distance.

That's bad news because both the toe and camber are specified in degrees
but when I measure toe, it will be in inches.

At least when I measure the camber it will be in degrees so I won't be
switching units back and forth.

I know how to physically measure toe in inches (e.g., with a string); but I
don't (yet) know how to measure toe in degrees with a smart phone or
digital level.