Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Advice requested from those of you who have successfully checkedcamber at home

On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 1:32:37 PM UTC-5, Steve W. wrote:

How to attach the device to the wheel/hub.

Not possible centered on the axle and neutral in two axis without additional (and expensive) tooling. Hence the "Idiot Operator" requirement.

Once again, Harmon/Alger is trolling for a Darwin Award.

NOTE: Azimuth accuracy in smart-phone devices (departure from the vertical) is typically less than 10 degrees. OK for orienting the picture on the phone, not so much for measuring tire camber. Pushing right up against the "Idiot Operator" requirement for trusting such a device for such a purpose.

It would be quite useful were the OP to actually make adjustments based on such a device - if we could only be sure when he inevitably wraps himself around a tree thereafter that he does so without any collateral damage. Yes, I am being snarky - but if ever there was a situation for such - this is one.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA