Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Default What size nut goes onto a typical US passenger tire Schrader valve?

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 03:03:53 -0000 (UTC), Leon Schneider
wrote:

wrote on Wed, 07 Dec 2016 21:34:34 -0500:

In Canada we are never far from a "Canadian Tire" store and they
almost always have something decent on sale that will do the job
without breaking either the bank or your knuckles.

That is another "proof" of my point that price is meaningless when
comparing quality of objects.

The quality of an object whether or not it is on sale, is the same, right?

That's proof alone that price is not an indicator of quality.
Never was.
Never will be.

Price *is* an indicator; but not of quality.

"you only get what you pay for - and then only if you are lucky"
pretty well defines today's market place.

Generally speeking we overpay for junk - because it costs the same to
warehouse and inventory junk as it does quality goods. The price we
pay for goods includes the cost of the goods (which varies with
quality, to some extent) plus the cost of warehousing, inventory, and
handling - which is the same for junk as for jewels.