Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Default What size nut goes onto a typical US passenger tire Schrader valve?

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 02:44:19 -0000 (UTC), Leon Schneider
wrote:

wrote on Wed, 07 Dec 2016 18:12:53 -0500:

Sorry - I just checked again, and you can buy the chinese rubber
snap-ins for about $0.50 apiece on e-bay - if you don't care what
quality the rubber is.

The problem with price is that you can get anything for any price in that i
paid about $2 each for the four valve stems I bought where on the net
they're probably 20 cents each.

My point on price is that the stems are exact the same quality at two
dollars as they are for twenty cents.

They MIGHT be. They might not. And looking at them they will look the
same. Without knowing their provenence or DNA, you don't know.
Buying from a reliable supplier gives you a better chance of getting
the "good stuff"

What you're paying for is not the quality of the valve stems, and, it
seems, from my experience, you almost never (if ever) get good quality
stuff at a auto parts store (where I bought mine).

We have been our own worst enemy, because we systematically shop by
price. The auto parts stores, just like Walmart, carry what YOU as the
consumer wants - low price. (Which usually translates to low quality
on non-perishables)