Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Paul in Houston TX[_2_] Paul in Houston TX[_2_] is offline

Default What size nut goes onto a typical US passenger tire Schradervalve?

Leon Schneider wrote:
Ralph Mowery wrote on Wed, 7 Dec 2016 09:59:24 -0500:

Yes, just lube it with something.

They do make valve stems that instead of a friction fit that have a nut
on the outside so the valve stem fits on like a bolt.

I have seen those nut-type valve stems in the stores, and I read while I
looked this up that alloy wheels often use them.

I have steel wheels so I'll use the rubber but is the procedure the same
for the nut-type?

Or do you just unscrew them and they fall out and you screw them and they
go in (without any special tools)?

Some alloy wheels and all large trucks use the nut type.
They just unscrew, but they rarely need replacing unless obviously damaged.