Stephen Kurzban

Default Electrical problem in basement

My breakers have to be forcibly held to the off position
before they will reset if they were tripped. Sorry so
brief, but it can be very dangerous (to you) for me to offer
more.

"L. Green" wrote:

I am trying to diagnose a problem I am having in my basement. Here are the
details

Recently I was repositioning my desk lamp when the bulb blew. As a result
all of the ceiling lights and most of the wall outlets in the other room no
longer work. I have tried resetting all of the breakers although none of
them were tripped and I still cannot get those lights and outlets to work.
So my current situation is in the computer room where the bulb blew, only
one outlet works. The other does not. In the den area outside the computer
room all ceiling lights do not work but one wall outlet does. I am trying
to figure if it is possible another electrical box is covered somewhere or
the electrical wiring really screwed up. This house about 50+ years old.
Any suggestions on where I should start my search?