Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LED Christmas Lights - Are The Wiring Harnesses Any Better?

On 12/05/2016 03:08 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

[snip]

So far, critters aren't the issue, at least not as far as the lights are
concerned. We do have to bring the cat food in from the garage every night
lest the raccoons eat most of it - after washing their paws in the water
bowl. I can usually tell when they've come snooping because they'll wash
their paws even if there is no food available.

I've got some nice videos of them in action. My cat is pretty tough but
she's smart enough to skedaddle as soon as the raccoons clear the cat door.

I have that too. Raccoons come at night, so I put out cat food in the
morning so the cats have a better chance. Recently, I don't see any
raccoons but plenty of possums. At least they don't mess up the water as
much.

AFAIK, I haven't had any critter-related problems with the Christmas
lights. I have heard of someone who had a problem with fire ants piling
dirt around the lights, tripping a GFCI.

--
19 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"People used to think that to mix religion with business spoiled the
religion, now they think it spoils the business." [Lemuel K. Washburn,
_Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays_, 1911]