Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LED Christmas Lights - Are The Wiring Harnesses Any Better?

On 12/05/2016 01:47 PM, wrote:

[snip]

I have played with LED rope light and it is in sections and I imagine
LED strings are too. The up side is you don't have any lamp sockets
and that is usually where those cheap peanut light strings fail

The have to be. A LED maintains a voltage of about 2 or 3 volts.
Dropping 120V to this wastes too much power. They use about 25 to 35
LEDs in series.

I lose 1 or 2 (rope lights) every year. Usually it's a series (about 1.5
feet) failure.

BTW, I've already had one series failure this year (after putting them
in the yard). I made a loop of the bad part and at night you can't tell
anything's wrong.

--
19 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"People used to think that to mix religion with business spoiled the
religion, now they think it spoils the business." [Lemuel K. Washburn,
_Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays_, 1911]