Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] carl.leo.oros@gmail.com is offline

Default Outdoor Flood Lights-Juice but no Light

On Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 9:06:52 AM UTC-7, CooSer wrote:
I am a little baffled. I have flood lights that used to work. They stopped
working so I replaced the bulbs with indoor/outdoor type flood lights. This
did not fix the problem. I checked the sockets with my little $6 voltage
detector and there is power. In fact, there is power in the sockets whether
the switch is on or off.

Now could it not be working because I need a special 'Outdoor' bulb? Or,
since I get a power reading with the switch on or off, is there something
wrong in the wiring?

Any suggestions would be great!