Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default alt.home.repair newsgroup statistics for 11/2016

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 7:59:28 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Believe it or not, I actually like peace and quiet. I can read or surf
The Web in complete silence without a radio blasting music in the
background. I do often have a talk radio station streaming on my
computer but not loud. I can actually hear my battery operated analog
wall clock ticking from across the room. Most guys my age need hearing
aids. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Quiet Monster

I hate ticking clocks. I bought silent movements for mine.

Brings back memories of staying at my grandparent's house 65 years ago.
To mr, it is a comforting sound. Our family room clock ticks and chimes
on the hour too. I wind it every Sunday for 35 years that we've had it. .

I had dinner over a friend's house a few weeks ago, I stopped counting their clocks and
clock related decorations when I reached 30 in just the 3 first floor rooms. There was over
a dozen "clocks" in the dining room alone.

Wall clocks, table clocks, pictures with clocks in them. Some worked, some didn't.
Many ticked, many chimed.

Did they all have the same time?

--
Tekkie