Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Storage heater insulation panels

On 05/12/16 17:26, Simon T wrote:
Got a second hand storage heater from a friend

Had to remove the firebricks to transport it, as it weighs a bloody ton.

Anyway, there are insulation panels front and back that go between the
fire bricks and the metal case.

Trouble is, the material has split and the cork(?) insulation (better
not be asbestos) has spilled out, so need to replace.

Having difficulty tracking down replacements and if I've read the
description on the Dimplex website correctly, replacement insulation
panels seem extremely expensive (unless I read the wrong part).

So, any idea how to improvise a suitable replacement sheet of
insulation? Needs to be fairly thin (about 1/4")

Thanks in advance

https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/...sulation-board

???