Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default alt.home.repair newsgroup statistics for 11/2016

On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 7:59:28 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Believe it or not, I actually like peace and quiet. I can read or surf
The Web in complete silence without a radio blasting music in the
background. I do often have a talk radio station streaming on my
computer but not loud. I can actually hear my battery operated analog
wall clock ticking from across the room. Most guys my age need hearing
aids. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Quiet Monster

I hate ticking clocks. I bought silent movements for mine.

Brings back memories of staying at my grandparent's house 65 years ago.
To mr, it is a comforting sound. Our family room clock ticks and chimes
on the hour too. I wind it every Sunday for 35 years that we've had it. ..

I had dinner over a friend's house a few weeks ago, I stopped counting their clocks and
clock related decorations when I reached 30 in just the 3 first floor rooms.. There was over
a dozen "clocks" in the dining room alone.

Wall clocks, table clocks, pictures with clocks in them. Some worked, some didn't.
Many ticked, many chimed.