barry martin

Default Newbie at This Stuff

Another thought, Linda....

K i would suggest a good cordless (rechargeable) drill,
K If you only want one dirll, let it be corded.
K The cordless drill is
K 1. more expensive.
K 2. bulkier, heavier.
K 3. less powerful.
K 4. Battery will die in a few years, the replacement will cost more
K than the drill then.
K 5. The battery is not charged when you want to use it.
K 6. The battery will run of juice just 2 drills away from finishing
K your job.

Having 'played' with drills for a few decades I agree with Karen.
While cordless drills are handy a good variable speed plug-in drill
would be the better choice.

In the 2›-worth dep't, I would advise against those "cordless
screwdrivers". Much less power than a cordless drill, plus generally
uncomfortable. Those with straight-line construction are hard on the
wrist; right-angle/pistol grip designs are better (IMO) but still lack
power.

Another thing comes to mind. In a previous message I suggested adrill
bit set. An even better upgrade would be to get one which also has
screwdriver bits, or to get a second set of screwdriver bits. (Also
get the regular hand screwdrivers - drills don't do everything!)
There are other slot configurations besides straight and Phillips
(cross). Hex head have a six-sided outside (instead of rounded) - in
many instances easier to screw in and out, by hand or motorized. Also
Robertson (think it's called that) which has a square indentation
instead of the slot (or cross). Torx is another option but I don't
use those much.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Don't hate yourself in the morning -- sleep past noon!
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *