Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT, Russian House Wiring

On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 17:13:22 -0500, Steve Stone
wrote:

On 12/3/2016 5:04 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 16:39:48 -0500, Steve Stone
wrote:

Using wire nuts, I understand not to twist the wires. Or at least
that is my basic/limited understanding. Applying the wire nut serves
that purpose and gives a better bite on the wire. Use the correct
sized wire nut.

We were taught to twist the wires together first, then top it off with
the wire nut.

Same with me. This says to twist the "ends". I suppose it doesn't
mean the entire exposed wire. The idea is to get a good and secure
bonding of the wires.

"...Twist the exposed wire ends 1 1/2 turns clockwise. Place the Wire
Nut on the end of the twisted, exposed wires and turn clockwise to
secure it. It should hold the wires together firmly and completely
cover any exposed wiring."

http://www.ehow.com/how_7616956_use-wire-nuts.html