Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Stone[_5_] Steve Stone[_5_] is offline

Default OT, Russian House Wiring

On 12/3/2016 2:33 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 11:15:42 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

I was thinking a blank cover plate. Maybe they don't trust the
correct sized wire nuts. They use a lot of tools, eh?

The guy who taught me electrical wiring in trade school back in the mid
1970's would never approve of those connectors. All the wires had to be
twisted together firmly and topped off with wire nuts tight enough to
withstand a light fixture falling off the wall without the wires coming
apart. He used to go around and check our work by clamping his lineman's
pliers onto each wire nut and pulling hard as he could with full body
weight.

The connections looked strong enough to me in the video however
I don't know what NEC allows today.

Steve