Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default shower valve replacement - plumbing job I've never done

On Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 11:35:36 AM UTC-5, TomR wrote:

If you don't mind, could you post back how high up off the bathroom floor
level your 2-handle shower faucet is?

You hit on my worst fear.

The vanity is 32 inches off the floor but it has a 4 inch ledge that the mirror sits on, so effectively 36 inches.

The shower faucet centerline is at 45 inches.

So I have tight but doable space to work in.

I will be back with more results after I get the wall open, but that's going to be a couple of weeks while my family gets their junk (cosmetics, earrgins, all the assorted crap that accumulates) out of the way and I can get to work.