Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Homeowner's insurance deductible

KenK posted for all of us...

Twice this past month or two I've had insurance claims - theft and a stolen
car's damage to my property. Both times $500 deductible. Currently I'm
hoping the car has insurance - waiting for sheriff's report - they won't
answer my phone query about it. $4.50 for report! sigh

$4.50 is cheap. Let the insurance pay for it. Usually the local agents come
with their checkbooks to pay for them.

Anyhow, is this $500 deductable standard? I can see a deductable, maybe
$100 or $200 to protect from many minor claims, but not $500. What do you
pay? If less than me, I may be changing policies.

TIA

See other posters responses.

--
Tekkie