Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Homeowner's insurance deductible

On 12/1/16 11:16 AM, KenK wrote:
Twice this past month or two I've had insurance claims - theft and a stolen
car's damage to my property. Both times $500 deductible. Currently I'm
hoping the car has insurance - waiting for sheriff's report - they won't
answer my phone query about it. $4.50 for report! sigh

Anyhow, is this $500 deductable standard? I can see a deductable, maybe
$100 or $200 to protect from many minor claims, but not $500. What do you
pay? If less than me, I may be changing policies.

TIA

For me, homeowner's insurance is catastrophe insurance.

If you file nickel and dime claims, your premium will skyrocket and
eventually they'll decline to renew your policy. You'll also be
blacklisted in the national insurance database so most of the other
companies won't write you either...or charge outlandish premiums.

--
The reason stupid gangbangers hold their handguns sideways and parallel
to the ground is that’s the way they come in the box…