Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default Homeowner's insurance deductible

"KenK" wrote in message
Twice this past month or two I've had insurance claims - theft and a
stolen
car's damage to my property. Both times $500 deductible. Currently I'm
hoping the car has insurance - waiting for sheriff's report - they won't
answer my phone query about it. $4.50 for report! sigh

Anyhow, is this $500 deductable standard? I can see a deductable, maybe
$100 or $200 to protect from many minor claims, but not $500. What do you
pay? If less than me, I may be changing policies.

You do realize, I hope, that you can have $0.00 deductible if you wish. Or
$5000. It's up to you.