Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] 21blackswan@gmail.com is offline

Default Homeowner's insurance deductible

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 8:31:11 AM UTC-8, Vic Smith wrote:
On 1 Dec 2016 16:16:53 GMT, KenK wrote:

Twice this past month or two I've had insurance claims - theft and a stolen
car's damage to my property. Both times $500 deductible. Currently I'm
hoping the car has insurance - waiting for sheriff's report - they won't
answer my phone query about it. $4.50 for report! sigh

Anyhow, is this $500 deductable standard? I can see a deductable, maybe
$100 or $200 to protect from many minor claims, but not $500. What do you
pay? If less than me, I may be changing policies.

TIA

My deductible is $1000. That lowers my premium. You can just call
your insurance agent to get the info.

the higher deductible the better - in the long run
[i always get the highest possible]

not to mention,
[any] claims will tend to increase your premiums - i think

marc