Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In defense of the electoral college

Roger Blake laid this down on his screen :
On 2016-12-01, Taxpayer wrote:
In my opinion, if someone is not working and paying taxes, they should not
be allowed to vote.

I would say that if someone is receiving a government entitlement check
they should not be able to vote due to conflict of interest. People
living at public expense should not be permitted to determine public
policy. There are far too many non-productive, useless lumps of protoplasm
being permitted to pick their neighbors' pockets by proxy.

So disabled military veterans shouldn't be allowed to vote? That's
pretty ****ed up. Maybe you have a different definition for
"entitlement" than I do.

Hell, perhaps military vets should get two votes as reparations for being crapped on for so many years. There should never be a homeless vet or one who can't get medical care. My parents served, my dad's older brother was a lifer, my older brother served two tours in Vietnam. Me and my other brother tried to join during the Vietnam war but were turned down for medical reasons. Hell, we tried to join which is more than a lot of the whining weasels have ever done. The citizenry should be thanking the military and veterans every day because we have no idea of the secret things they've done to protect the country. My older brother was special forces and in Laos before anyone ever heard of the country. The average citizen has no fraking clue. ヽ(à²*_à²*)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Thankful Monster